Saturday, June 03, 2006

Welcome back

I know that I have not been on in ages, well it feels like that anyway, but I have been quite busy with my life....

I have just finished my second week of shifts after coming back from the Ambulance college and on my first set of nights I had two patients who arrested on me (One was a GP Urgent call) and two patients who have met the Pre-Hospital Thrombolysis checklist for their on-going MI (Heart Attack). Now since I have not completed my hospital placements or received my state registration I cannot practice as a paramedic yet, this leaves you in a strange "Limbo" you have all the knowledge but are not allowed to use your skills until all the boxes are ticked. I have been lucky however as I have managed to work with fully qualified paramedic's and this has been interesting as I am now able to use my skills "Remotely" through them :)

I have just got to wait my turn now to do my placement and then I can apply for my state registration and be let loose on the public of Scotland.....


Oh poor them ;)

No comments: